The Bank History

The Bank Cafe & Restaurant was formerly the Clydesdale Bank and was designed by renowned Scottish architect Archibald Simpson, who was responsible for numerous granite buildings in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.

It was built in 1841 for the North of Scotland Bank and is now a listed ‘B’ building. Keeping the integrity of the building was very important so a sympathetic refurbishment has taken place and the decor and fittings have been carefully chosen to reflect and enhance the true beauty of the building.